Digital Campaign Specialist
Use your skills for good
Your work can change the world. Join an award winning full service agency whose clients include some of Australia and New Zealand’s leading nonprofit and for-purpose organisations.
- Spend your working day using your skills for good.
- Help great charities by managing end-to-end digital marketing & fundraising campaigns that deliver results.
- Wide variety of interesting clients and projects.
- Opportunities for training and to learn new skills from across the agency.
- Work from our Redfern office in Sydney or a combination of remote.
Job Title: Digital Campaign Specialist
Job Type: Full-time, 5 day week role (part-time considered)
Location: Sydney or Canberra preferably but further remote considered
Salary Range: $85K-$95K
Marlin Communications (Marlin) is a for-purpose agency based in Redfern. We work with a range of leading Australian and New Zealand organisations; including Doctors Without Borders, Cancer Council, RSPCA, Amnesty International and WWF.
We are currently expanding our Digital Fundraising and Marketing team (DFM), and are looking for a Digital Campaign Specialist to implement, manage and report on digital campaigns. You’ll be reporting to a digital fundraising strategist in the DFM Team, and working with creatives, copywriters, developers, and account services at Marlin. Note that the DFM team largely works remotely, and you’ll have the option of working from the office in Redfern and/or remotely.
Your responsibilities will include building, managing and optimising digital campaigns from end-to-end across platforms such Facebook, Google and more, research, website management (e.g. WordPress, Funraisin), analytics and reporting, and internal account / project management.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’d love to hear from someone:
- Who is a digital all-rounder – you understand digital best practices and have a solid foundation and comprehension across a number of disciplines (e.g. search, social, email, etc.)
- Who is a fundraiser (especially digital) and keen to continue building on their expertise by taking proactive steps to pick up new skills and knowledge
- Who can create digital campaign strategies and understands the optimisation and analysis process to get the best
- Who is able to multitask – we’re an agency with lots of projects on the go… you will need to take direction, manage your time effectively and work across multiple projects at the same time
- Who is organised – you should have your stuff together
- Who likes mixing autonomy and collaboration – you should be able to work by yourself and as part of the team.
In particular, we need someone who has:
- 5 years experience in digital marketing or fundraising roles – with emphasis on building and managing campaigns.
- Experience developing and implementing a digital fundraising and marketing strategy that has had a positive impact on results.
- Experience running and optimising paid campaigns using Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads.
- Experience reporting on campaigns and websites using Google Analytics
- Experience with an email marketing platform (e.g. Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor, Autopilot, etc.)
- Project management experience, supported by excellent organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Capable using data to inform campaign recommendations for changes and optimisations (e.g. targeting, ad creative, etc.).
- Ability to take direction, effective time management and multi-tasker.
- Excellent communicator and has the ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively.
- Wants to play an integral contributing part in the continued success and expansion of Marlin’s digital offering.
- Undergraduate degree or higher. Degree in marketing or communications is beneficial.
- Experience using website platforms such as WordPress and fundraising platforms such as Raisely and Funraisin.
- Design competencies, including experience with tools like Adobe Suite, Canva or Bannersnack.
- Copywriting including ability to write ads and EDM copy.
- Demonstrated experience of developing and implementing community building initiatives for
- Previous experience working in a digital agency or a digital fundraising role at a for purpose / not for profit organisation.
A ROLE WITH SOCIAL IMPACT
This position is genuinely unique in the sense that you will be doing work that we can prove has social impact. We are exceptionally passionate about understanding our clients missions and how to achieve them from a holistic perspective.
You will work with clients that you can be sincerely passionate about and want to see succeed. We believe that true social change can only be achieved by transferring care; if you care, you can make others care – and if they care, they can act.
This position will only suit someone who can demonstrate their passion for using their skills for good and someone who is passionate about creating new approaches to digital fundraising and communications.
If you believe that you would be suited to this position, we would love to receive your application.
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT WHAT MARLIN DOES?
We create brand identities, multi-channel marketing campaigns, direct marketing-based appeals, social media campaigns, peer-to-peer fundraising events, newsletters, and digital communications platforms for the charity sector. You can view some of our work here and see Marlin’s impact in 2020.
Our aim is to use strategy and creativity to help our clients achieve their missions – and we firmly believe that they deserve the highest quality of creative and digital work. Because our clients have restricted budgets, our creative and strategies have to work hard to effectively achieve their goals.
By combining our strategy, creative and digital skills, we can multiply the effect our work has and help our clients grow year on year. Any one of these elements in isolation of the others is a missed opportunity.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply you must have permission to reside and work in Australia.
Please send through a cover letter to [email protected]. In your cover letter please include how your skills and experience best align with the job with practical examples.
No deadline – please apply as soon as possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any questions can also be directed to the email address above.
No agency interest please.