Spend your days doing work that means something
Marlin Communications’ purpose is to create communities of ordinary people who feel capable of changing their world, and right now, our very busy studio needs a Traffic/Studio manager.
Every day at Marlin we work to uplift communities, protect native species and find solutions to disease. Our communications (across creative and digital) aim to raise vital funds and awareness for Australia’s biggest charities.
CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
$85,000 (plus super)
- Spend your working day navigating creative and digital projects through a very busy studio.
- Help great charities by developing direct marketing, advertising and communication campaigns that deliver results.
- Wide variety of interesting clients and projects.
- Redfern location.
We are a full service agency that works only with charities, causes and for-purpose organisations.
We have been fortunate to have experienced growth over the last year, and are very busy. We need to find a Traffic/ Studio Manager to ensure the efficient scheduling, production and on time delivery of all work developed by the creative and digital departments.
We currently work with over 50 Australian and New Zealand organisations; including Vinnies, Bush Heritage Australia and the Refugee Council of Australia. There is a very high throughput of work in our studio and you will often be faced with competing deadlines. A very important part of your role is to set expectations and navigate any limitations on resources to schedule and deliver work.
In addition, we need someone who can identify efficiencies, introduce processes and procedures and provide support to both the Creative and Managing Directors. This role is not just about the doing, it’s about the planning and preparation for future growth.
Competencies and skills required:
- Five years experience in similar role.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to articulate precise information to colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight time constraints.
- Ability to engage empathetically, but firmly, with colleagues during the creative process.
- Ability to negotiate well.
- Ability to maintain a friendly and team orientated approach.
- Excellent organisational skills, with high attention to project detail
- Proficiency with excel and/ or similar project management software is essential (we currently use Streamtime/ JIRA);
- Sound understanding of range of media types, media requirements, offline and online specs for creative and digital;
- Sound understanding of how creative will reproduce in different media.
- Available for an immediate or short-term start.
Culture matters: the role
Marlin communications is one of Australia’s only advertising agency’s dedicated to the not-for-profit sector. We are a values-led agency that is carbon neutral and is a certified B Corporation. We believe in using business for good.
This position is genuinely unique in the sense that you will be doing work that will have social impact. You will go home each day, proud of what you’ve done.
You will work with clients that you can be sincerely passionate about and want to see succeed.
Finally, we believe that true social change can only be achieved by transferring care; if you care, you can make others care – and if they care, they can act—and as Traffic/ Studio Manager you will be in an influential position that ensures the delivery of our work to exacting standards.
– – –
How to apply for this job:
Please send an email to [email protected] – explaining why you would like to join our team and attach a resume and relevant experience.
Please note, we will not give any consideration to applications lacking those ingredients.
The closing date for all applications is Friday, 2nd April.
For more information about who we are, what we do, our clients and examples of work please visit our site at www.marlincommunications.com – or visit our facebook page at facebook.com/marlincommunications.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role further, please call Karl Tischler on (02) 9698 9111/ Mob. 0419 246 683.