Use your skills for good
Your work can change the world. Join an outstanding full service agency whose clients include some of Australia and New Zealand’s leading NFP and for purpose organisations.
- Spend your working day using your skills for good.
- Help great charities by developing direct marketing, advertising and communication campaigns that deliver results.
- Wide variety of interesting clients and projects.
- Redfern location.
Create communications that matter.
Marlin Communications (Marlin) is a for-purpose agency based in Redfern. We work with around a range of leading Australian and New Zealand organisations; including Vinnies, Caritas Australia and Bush Heritage Australia. We are a BCorp and believe in making a difference through the work we do with clients, as well as the way we conduct our business.
We help our clients to develop branding platforms, execute direct response advertising, fundraising and marketing campaigns and build online communities.
We are currently expanding our digital fundraising and comms capacity, and are looking for a digital fundraiser who can lead development of digital campaigns within our wider team.
We are looking for a skilled digital fundraiser to expand our capability to develop and roll-out online campaigns. Your responsibilities will include participating in campaign and concept development, creating strategies and presenting these to clients, implementing campaigns in online platforms and managing ongoing optimisation and enhancement of these campaigns. You will work closely with our leading digital strategist and other members of the strategy, creative and digital teams.
What do Marlin create?
We create brand identities, multi-channel marketing campaigns, direct marketing-based appeals, social media campaigns, peer-to-peer fundraising events, newsletters, and digital communications platforms for the charity sector.
Our aim is to use creativity to help our clients achieve their missions – and we firmly believe that they deserve the highest quality of creative and digital work. Because our clients have restricted budgets, our creative and strategies have to work hard to effectively achieve their goals.
By combining our strategy, creative and digital skills, we can multiply the effect our work has and help our clients grow year on year. Any one of these elements in isolation of the others is a missed opportunity.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who can be at the intersection of those three elements and be part of a team that achieves exceptional results.
We are looking for someone who can work in our team, take a project from start to finish, including assisting with concepts and defining the scope and strategy of an engagement, and consistently provide excellent work. This ultimately leads to results for our clients and furthers their mission and impact in the world.
In particular, we need someone who has:
- 5+ years experience in digital roles – with emphasis on strategic planning and project management.
- Experience working in a for-purpose agency (like Marlin), a senior marketing/communication role at a for purpose or not for profit organisation or a consultancy role for a for purpose or not for profit organisation previously.
- Experience running successful digital marketing and fundraising campaigns who can bring a critical and strategic view to a project
- Experience in integrating digital marketing into multi-channel marketing and fundraising campaigns, including SEM, SEO, SMM and other digital activities.
- Experience using website platforms such as WordPress and fundraising platforms such as Raisely and Funraisin.
- An instinct for creative concepts and understanding the donors point of view, including ability to write ads and copy
- Hands-on experience in running campaigns online through Google and Facebook platforms
- Experience with email marketing and marketing automation tools like Mailchimp, Autopilot or Campaign Monitor
- Extensive knowledge of web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, HotJar) to identify insights and drive fundraising outcomes
- Demonstrated experience of developing and implementing strategy to increase engagement across social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram).
- Enthusiasm for working with good causes, and the maturity to meet the challenges of working within a resource-restricted setting.
- A professional, yet personable, client manner (you will be dealing with clients frequently).
- A friendly disposition and sense of humour would be an advantage – we are a tight team and work closely.
- UX and UI experience is not required but beneficial.
This position is genuinely unique in the sense that you will be doing work that we can prove has social impact. We are exceptionally passionate about understanding our clients missions and how to achieve them from a holistic perspective.
You will work with clients that you can be sincerely passionate about and want to see succeed. We believe that true social change can only be achieved by transferring care; if you care, you can make others care – and if they care, they can act.
This position will only suit someone who can demonstrate their passion for using their skills for good and someone who is passionate about creating new approaches to digital fundraising and communications.
How to apply:
If you believe that you would be suited to this position, we would love to receive your application.
Please email your application to [email protected]