Use your words to change the world!
Job Title: Copywriter
Job Type: Full-time, 5 day week role
Location: Remote + WFH
Salary Range: $80,000-90,000* including super.
Come and join our purpose-driven, award-winning agency!
- Spend your working days using your skills for good;
- Be part of a fun, compassionate and high-performing team;
- Work with charities that are changing the world through groundbreaking medical research, mental health initiatives, animal welfare, overseas development and more;
- Be responsible for crafting copy that moves everyday Australians to act.
- Feel proud to work for a B-Corp, committed to making the world a better place.
- Our clients include some of Australia and New Zealand’s leading charities including Médecins Sans Frontières, RSPCA, Fred Hollows, Amnesty International and Bush Heritage Australia.
At Marlin, we do work that changes the world for the better. We’re at a moment in time where bold solutions and big ideas are needed, and we use our talents every day to provide them.
We create brand identities, multi-channel marketing campaigns, direct marketing-based appeals, social media campaigns, peer-to-peer fundraising events, donor care newsletters, and digital communications platforms for the for-purpose sector.
Our team of strategists, creatives, project managers, developers and digital experts have all made a conscious decision to specialise in the not-for-profit space. We’re here to help people change their world, we create ideas that keep giving, we do this job because this is the best way to use the skills we have.
You are a passionate wordsmith, you are driven by your ethics, social concerns and dedication. As a writer at Marlin Communications, you’ll craft authentic, persuasive, and inspiring copy for charities, causes and not-for-profit organisations. Your words will inspire everyday Australians to change the world around them.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Writing fundraising copy for direct marketing channels, social media campaigns, Instagram posts, emails, and web pages that is sharp, aligns with the brand tone of our clients, and inspires the reader
- Writing rational, information rich copy and passionate emotional stories to tight deadlines
- Collaborating with a design partner to create communications that look and sound good
- Responding to feedback from clients and the Head of Copy effectively and often under pressure
YOU MUST HAVE…
- At least 5 years’ experience writing and editing copy for a strong brand
- A diverse portfolio of copy examples including web, print, advertising, email, and social
- Proven expertise writing both engaging short and long-form copy
- An ability to adapt copy voice & tone to align with various audiences
- Incredible attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Excellent grammar skills and ability to proofread your own work
- A sense of humour.
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- Experience writing copy for a cause or a purpose-driven brand
- Experience conducting interviews with case studies.
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF…
- You’re a team player who genuinely loves collaboration
- You take pride in your work
- You never stop at the first draft and find the phrase “good enough” personally offensive
- You’re 100% committed to making a difference in the world.
The Creative team is an experienced group made up of copywriters, designers and a Creative Director, who are all passionate about using their creative skills for good. This job reports to the Head of Copy.
BENEFITS…APART FROM CHANGING THE WORLD OF COURSE!
- Additional annual leave day to celebrate your birthday
- Social events scheduled throughout the year
- Annual team development day
- Access to internal and external Learning and Development opportunities
- Access to free counselling assistance through EAP
- Flexible remote working arrangements
How to apply:
If you think this is the job for you, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Your cover letter must include your experience, and why you want to work with Marlin Communications. Please include examples of your work.
To apply you must have permission to reside and work in Australia:
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any questions can be directed to the email address above.
No agency interest, please.