Digital Project Manager
Use your skills for good
- Job Type: Full-time, 5 day week role (80% part-time considered)
- Location: Sydney preferably but further remote considered
- Salary Range: $80K-$95K + super
Use you skills for good
Your work can change the world. Join an award-winning full-service agency whose clients include some of Australia and New Zealand’s leading nonprofit and for-purpose organisations.
- Spend your working day using your skills for good.
- Help great charities by managing, delivering, and supporting marketing and fundraising websites and platforms that deliver results.
- Wide variety of interesting clients and projects.
- Opportunities for training and to learn new skills from across the agency.
- Work from our Redfern office in Sydney or a combination of remote/working from home.
Marlin Communications (Marlin) is a for-purpose agency based in Redfern. We work with a range of leading Australian and New Zealand organisations; including Vinnies, Doctors Without Borders, Cancer Council, RSPCA, and WWF.
We are a team of strategists, creatives, project managers, developers, and digital experts with mainstream agency and in-house charity experience.
We are looking to grow our digital team and we are looking to fill two digital project manager roles that are available. We want someone who is passionate about having an impact, contributing to our clients and our team’s solutions. You will report directly to the Head of Digital and work closely with other digital producers/project managers. You will manage a team of developers and work with strategy and creative team members to deliver your projects. Most importantly you will be directly involved in building, nurturing, and growing key client relationships.
Who are we looking for?
We’d love to hear from someone:
- Who is a digital all-rounder with experience delivering website, integration, and web app projects
- Who is able to multitask – we’re an agency with lots of projects on the go… you will need to take initiative, manage your time effectively, and work across multiple projects at the same time
- Who is organised – you should have your stuff together
- Who likes mixing autonomy and collaboration – you should be able to work by yourself and as part of the team
- Who is eager to learn and grow their skills as well as those of your direct team members.
What your day will look like
- Deliver projects on time and on budget, and have a continued ability to impress clients with quality
- Build and nurture genuine, real, and lasting client relationships
- Present work and facilitate meetings and workshops with confidence
- Identify and seek growth opportunities with clients that align with their business goals and digital strategy
- Work with non-digital client stakeholders and effectively communicate a digital process/project
- Deliver, understand, and communicate across a full project lifecycle, including research, ideation, UX/UI, copy, design, development, testing, deployment, and post-launch activity
- Work with the other departments to cross-sell digital work
- Scope projects and prepare project plans, timelines, and budgets
- Proactively act as a key source of client feedback and insight for the broader Digital team
- Ability to run daily stand-ups with the digital team to review the project status and identify any potential issues that need to be resolved.
What you will need for success
- Minimum 2 years experience in digital project management positions, digital agency experience is highly regarded.
- Ability to work confidently in cross-functional teams
- Experience in CMS platforms including WordPress
- Excellent understanding of digital UX, design & development
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage and coordinate team members
- Able to effectively work with Account Management teams when required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of Agile workflows and methodologies
- Good understanding of HTML, and URL page content structures
- Experience with owning a project budget and transparent reporting
- Experience with using project management software such as JIRA, confluence, or other.
- Willingness to adapt to changes.
A role with social impact
This position is genuinely unique in the sense that you will be doing work that we can prove has a social impact. We are exceptionally passionate about understanding our client’s missions and how to achieve them from a holistic perspective.
You will work with clients that you can be sincerely passionate about and want to see succeed. We believe that true social change can only be achieved by transferring care; if you care, you can make others care – and if they care, they can act.
This position will only suit someone who can demonstrate their passion for using their skills for good and someone who is passionate about creating new approaches to digital fundraising and communications.
If you believe that you would be suited to this position, we would love to receive your application.
Marlin is constantly working towards making our agency the best place to work, for everyone. We believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to creating real and impactful change for social good that the world desperately needs. We encourage everyone who wants to make a difference, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
Marlin is a team of over 40 people brought together by a common set of beliefs and values. Our team of strategists, creatives, project managers, developers and digital experts have all made a conscious decision to specialise in the not-for-profit space.
Our combined experience spans mainstream agencies and in-house at charities. This means we know what it takes to create a global brand, build a high performing website and manage a fundraising campaign from the inside.
We create brand identities, multi-channel marketing campaigns, direct marketing-based appeals, social media campaigns, peer-to-peer fundraising events, donor care newsletters, and digital communications platforms for the for-purpose sector.
We’re a values-driven organisation creating values-led work. Our culture is underpinned by our values and we live them out through our everyday actions and behaviours.
|Every day is a new opportunity to learn, grow, extend, expand, reveal. When we nurture our ‘constant improvement’ we find solutions, overcome obstacles, and expand into new territories.
|Every piece of work we create is inspired by our compassion for people and planet. Every connection we make is enriched by empathy. This inspires the way in which we communicate as Marliners – with our team, with our clients, with the sector. No matter our differences, compassion and empathy are the bridges that bring us together.
|Happiness is an energy. When we nurture our best selves, our most joyful selves, our ideas will flow, our communication will improve, and the relationships that matter to us, will thrive.
|Charities rely on integrity, it is essential that as a communications specialist in our field, that integrity and honesty pervade all of our ideas, our communications and the way we work.
|There isn’t much water in a desert, but if you keep looking you will find it. (and if you don’t, keep looking, you will find it.)
|When we recognise the bigger purpose of our work – to make the world a better, fairer, more equal place for people, then we can bring that depth of regard and purpose to every aspect of our work.
|Treat everyone with the same level of care and respect. We want to be a place that displays its values proudly in every interaction, that is how we affect broader change in our sector and in our society. It all starts with respect.
Our commitment to sustainability
We’re proud to be a B-Corp which means we have been independently assessed as a business force for good. It is a simple illustration of our values in action.
To achieve this we are required to prove and maintain policies and practises that take care of our team and commit to fair and environmentally-friendly decision making.
We’re also 100% certified carbon neutral reflecting our deep wish to think and plan for the very long term.
Benefits…apart from changing the world of course!
- Additional annual leave day to celebrate your birthday
- Social events scheduled throughout the year
- Annual team development day
- Access to internal and external Learning and Development opportunities
- Access to free counselling assistance through EAP
- Flexible working arrangements
- Creative office space in the heart of Redfern
How to apply:
- To apply you must have permission to reside and work in Australia
- Please send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter to [email protected]
- Immediate start date – please apply as soon as possible
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
No agency interest, please.
Any questions can be directed to [email protected], using the subject line: Digital Project Manager enquiry