Graphic Designer/Art Director
Use your skills for good
Your work can change the world.
Join an outstanding creative agency whose clients include Australia’s biggest charities and for-purpose organisations.
CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
$80,000 – $90,000 (plus super)
- Spend your working day using your skills for good.
- Help great charities by developing direct marketing, advertising and communication campaigns that deliver results.
- Wide variety of interesting clients and projects.
- Redfern location.
Create communications that matter.
Marlin Communications (Marlin) is a creative agency based in Redfern.
We work with over 80 Australian and New Zealand organisations; it is a ‘who’s who’ of the Australian sector and includes Vinnies, Amnesty International, and Bush Heritage Australia. We help them to develop branding platforms, execute direct response advertising, fundraising and marketing campaigns.
We are now looking for a talented graphic designer/ art director with a minimum of five years’ work experience to join our busy agency team, reporting into our experienced Creative Director.
What we create:
We create product identities, multi-channel marketing campaigns, direct marketing-based appeals, and marketing communications such as eDMs, annual reports, small publications, newsletters, brochures and flyers.
Our aim is to use creativity to help our clients achieve their missions – and we firmly believe that they deserve the highest quality of creative work. Because our clients have restricted budgets, such creative has to work hard to effectively achieve their goals.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who can work in our team, take a project from start to finish, work to a creative brief and consistently provide excellent work within tight deadlines.
We are seeking someone who can approach design from a conceptual point of view, explain how such design relates to the client’s project and how that design will achieve their business and communication objectives.
In particular, we need someone who has:
- Outstanding design and creative skills with an emphasis on layout and
- Ability to identify and develop a creative idea; and implement this to suit.
- Enthusiasm for working with good causes, and the maturity to meet the challenges of working within a resource-restricted setting.
- A professional, yet personable, client manner (you will be dealing with clients occasionally).
- A high level of proficiency in Adobe CS (especially Indesign) on a Mac platform.
- A high level of offline, online and production knowledge.
- A friendly disposition and sense of humour would be an advantage – we are a tight team and work closely.
This position is genuinely unique in the sense that you will be doing work that we can prove has social impact.
The salary package is $80,000-$90,000 pa (plus super).
You will work with clients that you can be sincerely passionate about and want to see succeed. We believe that true social change can only be achieved by transferring care; if you care, you can make others care – and if they care, they can act.
This position will only suit someone who can demonstrate their passion for
using their design skills for good.
How to apply:
If you believe that you would be suited to this position, we would love to receive your application.
A PDF of your portfolio would be the preferred method of applying;
applications unable to provide one will be viewed unfavourably.
Please email your application to [email protected].
For more information about who we are, what we do, our clients and examples of work please visit our site at www.marlincommunications.com – or visit our facebook page at facebook.com/marlincommunications
Clayton Thomas – Creative Director