Use your skills for good
Join an award winning full service agency whose clients include some of Australia and New Zealand’s leading nonprofit and for-purpose organisations.
Job Type: Part-time, 3 day week role – Temp to perm
Location: Sydney or remote considered
Salary Range: $65K-$70K + Super
Organisational context for the position:
Charities are a wonderful vehicle for creating change because they empower ordinary people to become advocates and supporters of causes. We created Marlin to help charities get people to join them, and then hold on to those people.
We want individuals, teams and organisations doing good in the world to succeed. Our way of helping is to create effective communications for them.
Much of Marlin’s success has arisen from our ability to navigate the uncertain space between strategic intentions and creative execution. Our clients trust us because of our experience, and their endorsement has helped create a sustainable level of new business through word-of-mouth.
To achieve scale and help more organisations grow and strengthen their fundraising and marketing, Marlin needs to improve its visibility to prospective clients.
Marlin is looking for an experienced Marketing Coordinator to manage ongoing marketing activities.
The part time role (3 days per week) is to support the organisation in achieving its financial goals, raising Marlin’s profile in the market and maintaining our reputation as leaders and specialists in the NFP sector.
Who we are looking for:
- You are energetic and passionate about social change and you want to use your skills to create the world you want to live in.
- You have experience in B2B marketing and are confident implementing strategies and tactics to generate leads.
- You are curious about the for-purpose sector and our services, able to identify and share audience insights with the wider team.
- You are enthusiastic about marketing and can both identify and create effective communications for multiple channels – from eDMs to social media posts.
- You have strong digital marketing experience and are highly proficient using marketing tools and social platforms to generate marketing leads.
- You are an excellent and organised multi tasker, able to run multiple projects and manage your time effectively.
- You enjoy a mix of autonomy and collaboration – comfortable working by yourself and as part of the team.
- You are articulate and a confident communicator.
What you will be responsible for:
- Implementing Marlin’s 2021/22 marketing strategy.
- Providing proactive insight into the market and our audience and where and how we can reach them.
- Implementing sales promotions to promote Marlin products and services on LinkedIn and other paid platforms.
- Seeking out opportunities to raise the profile of Marlin’s Directors and other key team members.
- Managing the calendar of sector events and conferences and organising registrations when required.
- Leveraging Directors’ speaking engagements at events and conferences.
- Running weekly marketing meetings updating the team on activities and ensuring everyone understands what is required of them.
- Leading and managing the content and deployment of all mass eDMs and monthly newsletter.
- Assisting with the management of Marlin’s SEO and PPC.
- Ensuring the Marlin website is up to date with Marlin products and services, blog articles and case studies.
- Growing our blog and web traffic.
- Running Marlin’s social media and creating content for posts.
- Ensuring all Marlin materials follow brand guidelines.
Qualifications and skills:
- Understanding of marketing and communication principles, gained from a relevant degree or postgraduate studies.
- 5+ years experience in communications role/s.
- Solid understanding of B2B marketing and the channels used to help generate quality leads.
- Experience using a sales CRM, project management tools and resource scheduling software is desirable.
- Experience using website platforms such as WordPress and marketing automation tools like Autopilot.
- Experience working in the NFP sector with a good understanding of charities and fundraising is preferred.
- Strong understanding of Marlin’s service offering (across Strategy, Creative and Digital) in relation to competitors, and client needs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Work well with a wide range of people with a wide range of personalities and roles.
- Have strong internal stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to work in a clean and consistent manner with proper record keeping and documentation. Accuracy in filing and naming work-in-progress so as to easily retrieve files.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight time constraints.
- Ability to engage empathetically with colleagues.
- As a representative of Marlin you are expected to conduct yourself in accordance with our seven organisational values – Continuous Improvement, Compassion/Empathy, Happiness, Truth, Determination, Purpose and Respect.
More about Marlin
We create brand identities, multi-channel marketing campaigns, direct marketing-based appeals, social media campaigns, peer-to-peer fundraising events, donor care newsletters, and digital communications platforms for the charity sector.
Our aim is to use strategy and creativity to help our clients achieve their missions – and we firmly believe that they deserve the highest quality of creative and digital work. Because our clients have restricted budgets, our creative and strategies have to work hard to effectively achieve their goals.
By combining our strategy, creative and digital skills, we can multiply the effect our work has and help our clients grow year on year. Any one of these elements in isolation of the others is a missed opportunity.
Please submit your CV along with a covering letter to [email protected]
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.