Use your skills for good
Your work can change the world. Join an award winning full service agency whose clients include some of Australia and New Zealand’s leading for-purpose organisations including Cancer Council, Fred Hollows, RSPCA, Barnardos and WWF.
At Marlin, we help charities build communities of people who believe they can change the world. Our communications and strategies offer people the opportunity to support causes, build their belief, and ensure they can take action easily.
- Spend your working days using your skills for good
- Be responsible for raising Marlin’s profile within the sector through conference partnerships, marketing campaigns and relationship building.
- Build relationships with charities that are changing the world through ground-breaking medical research, mental health initiatives, animal welfare, overseas development and more.
- Be part of a fun, genuine and caring team that uses their skills and expertise to help charities deliver effective campaigns, create distinctive communications and build high performing digital platforms to support their cause.
- Work within an agile team of three closely collaborating with creative and digital teams.
- Work from our Redfern office in Sydney.
We’re looking for an experienced Partnerships Manager to join Marlin’s Marketing and Sales team for a minimum of 3 months to manage all upcoming sponsorships of sector conferences and internal events, develop sales proposals and support new business conversations.
The purpose of this role is to help Marlin generate and capture new business leads through conference sponsorships in August and September, plan Consultancy Open Days and manage ongoing new business development.
Reporting to the Communications Strategist, the Partnerships Manager will:
- Work with external conference partners on the logistics and fulfilment of Marlin benefits;
- Collaborate with the internal creative team on developing event and communications collateral;
- Support the sales team by responding to leads and writing proposals;
- Work alongside the Marketing Manager to implement promotional plans and develop communications.
Who we are looking for
- An excellent relationship manager with experience project managing events, sponsorships and marketing campaigns to agreed timelines with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- A great communicator with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Confident and upbeat with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and proven experience building strong relationships with external stakeholders and prospective clients.
- A solutions focused, strategic thinker, with experience writing sales proposals to promote company products and services.
- Highly organised and process driven, willing to follow Marlin’s tried and tested project management methodology.
- Always looking for smarter and more efficient ways of working without compromising on the quality of the output.
- As much a self starter as they are a collaborator – comfortable working alone and as part of a team.
Work experience and skills
- 5+ years experience in partnerships, project management, event management or business development.
- Experience working in the NFP sector is desirable, with an understanding of charities and fundraising.
- Experience managing conference exhibitions and event sponsorships.
- Experience using a CRM system, and project and resource management tools.
- Familiar with the type of services that Marlin offers, and comfortable with describing what clients procuring those services need.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Work well with a wide range of people with a wide range of personalities and roles.
- Have strong internal stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to work in a clean and consistent manner with proper record keeping and documentation. Accuracy in filing and naming work-in-progress so as to easily retrieve files.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight time constraints.
- Ability to engage empathetically with colleagues.
More about Marlin
Marlin has spent over 20 years serving the for-purpose sector and are proud to be regarded as one of Australasia’s most respected fundraising specialists.
We create brand identities, fundraising products, multi-channel marketing campaigns, direct marketing appeals, social media campaigns, peer-to-peer fundraising events, and digital communications platforms for the charity sector. You can view some of our work here and see Marlin’s impact in 2020.
Our aim is to use strategy and creativity to help our clients achieve their missions. We believe that they deserve the highest quality of creative work and digital expertise so they can effectively achieve their goals.
How to apply
- Please send through a CV and cover letter to [email protected]
- To apply you must have permission to reside and work in Australia on a full-time basis.
- Immediate start date – please apply as soon as possible.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any questions can also be directed to the email address above.