|*Senior Account Manager/Account Director – Community Fundraising
*dependent on experience
|Full-time, 5 day week role
|Redfern / remote + WFH
|$80,000-$95,000* including Super
Join us and use your skills for good!
The branches of our agency are all rooted in the same purpose: to do work that changes the world for the better. We’re at a moment in time where bold solutions and big ideas are needed. At Marlin, we use our talents every day to provide them.
Come and join our purpose-driven, award-winning agency!
- Spend your working days using your skills for good;
- Be part of a fun, compassionate and high-performing team;
- Work with charities that are changing the world through groundbreaking medical research, mental health initiatives, animal welfare, overseas development and more;
- Manage a wide breadth of projects from fundraising campaigns and appeals to brand value propositions and product development;
- Feel proud to work for a B-Corp, committed to making the world a better place.
Our clients include some of Australia and New Zealand’s leading charities including Médecins Sans Frontières, RSPCA, Fred Hollows, Amnesty International and Bush Heritage Australia.
Organisational context for the position:
Charities are a wonderful vehicle for creating change because they empower ordinary people to become advocates and supporters of causes. We created Marlin to help charities get people to join them, and create movements to effect the change we want to see in the world.
As a group of committed people with shared values, Marlin works on these two knotty problems, all day and every day: How do we get people to join charities as advocates and supporters? And how do we keep them?
An exciting opportunity has come up for a Senior Account Manager/Account Director to join our account service team, responsible for ensuring Marlin delivers value to our clients, by creating work that helps them to get the results they desired (within the timeframe and budget they agreed).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing projects that have been set up to define brand positions, develop products that can be used to engage people, and develop the communications that reach new and existing audiences across a range of media including digital, advertising (such as print and outdoor) and direct marketing channels (such as direct mail, eDMs, inserts, and door drops);
- Ensuring that the journey our clients experience is satisfying enough for them to consider working with us over and over again (developing long-term relationships with clients);
- Ensuring Marlin’s creative work is delivered without being compromised so much, or costing us so much, that we would rather have not worked on it at all;
- Managing projects where deliverables have been predetermined or where the project will determine what communications need to be created;
- Managing client relationships by yourself and with others as part of a client team;
- Managing internal team members with a range of disciplines such as strategy development, design, copywriting, digital strategy, production and managing third parties as required.
- Have previous experience in managing community fundraising program/s featuring peer to peer campaigns
- Be a strategic thinker with the ability to help identify the communication problems Marlin’s clients face all associated with getting people and holding onto them;
- Have a deep understanding of the creative process, able to develop briefs that will inspire the Marlin team to generate ideas for how to solve these communication problems;
- Be articulate and a great communicator, confident presenting concepts so the client understands and buys into them;
- Have high standards ensuring Marlin finishes work to a standard where it can be produced, so that it can reach the intended audience;
- Have excellent account management skills, ensuring you have adequate resources for your projects including fees, team members, and time.
As a Senior Account Manager/Account Director you are also responsible for influencing whether Marlin:
- builds and maintains the trust of our clients;
- delivers work that helps our clients to get the results they desire;
- develops a strong portfolio of work, which helps to generate similar work requests from clients in the future; and
- develops long-term relationships with clients because of our professionalism and personality.
Academic or trade qualifications:
- Understanding of business, marketing and communication principles, gained from a relevant degree or postgraduate studies;
- Understanding of digital development space including website development solutions (specifically WordPress), CRM and payment gateways and digital fundraising will be beneficial in this role.
Work experience and skills:
- Understanding of marketing and communication principles, gained from a relevant degree or postgraduate studies;
- 5+ years experience in marketing or agency account management roles;
- Ability to interpret fundraising problems and use Marlin’s models for developing communications;
- Ability to initiate meetings to kick off projects;
- Work well with a range of people with a range of personalities and roles;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to articulate intangible ideas, or complex procedures to colleagues and clients;
- Give effective presentations to Directors and clients;
- Sound understanding of all media types and media requirements;
- Sound understanding of how creative will reproduce in different media.
- Sound knowledge of online and mobile phone technology;
- Ability to work in a clean and consistent manner with proper record keeping and documentation;
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight time constraints;
- Willingness to take and support calculated risks and present innovative ideas within the agency and to clients;
- Ability to engage empathetically with colleagues during the creative process;
- Ability to understand agency workflow and work within quality control procedures;
- Accuracy in filing and naming work-in-progress so as to easily retrieve files;
- Commitment to using Marlin’s electronic filing and archiving systems;
- Able to estimate scope of work required to meet clients’ needs.
Marlin is constantly working towards making our agency the best place to work, for everyone. We believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to creating real and impactful change for social good that the world desperately needs. We encourage everyone who wants to make a difference, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
Marlin is a team of over 40 people brought together by a common set of beliefs and values. Our team of strategists, creatives, project managers, developers and digital experts have all made a conscious decision to specialise in the not-for-profit space.
Our combined experience spans mainstream agencies and in-house at charities. This means we know what it takes to create a global brand, build a high performing website and manage a fundraising campaign from the inside.
We create brand identities, multi-channel marketing campaigns, direct marketing-based appeals, social media campaigns, peer-to-peer fundraising events, donor care newsletters, and digital communications platforms for the for-purpose sector.
We’re a values-driven organisation creating values-led work. Our culture is underpinned by our values and we live them out through our everyday actions and behaviours.
|Every day is a new opportunity to learn, grow, extend, expand, reveal. When we nurture our ‘constant improvement’ we find solutions, overcome obstacles, and expand into new territories.
|Every piece of work we create is inspired by our compassion for people and planet. Every connection we make is enriched by empathy. This inspires the way in which we communicate as Marliners – with our team, with our clients, with the sector. No matter our differences, compassion and empathy are the bridges that bring us together.
|Happiness is an energy. When we nurture our best selves, our most joyful selves, our ideas will flow, our communication will improve, and the relationships that matter to us, will thrive.
|Charities rely on integrity, it is essential that as a communications specialist in our field, that integrity and honesty pervade all of our ideas, our communications and the way we work.
|There isn’t much water in a desert, but if you keep looking you will find it. (and if you don’t, keep looking, you will find it.)
|When we recognise the bigger purpose of our work – to make the world a better, fairer, more equal place for people, then we can bring that depth of regard and purpose to every aspect of our work.
|Treat everyone with the same level of care and respect. We want to be a place that displays its values proudly in every interaction, that is how we affect broader change in our sector and in our society. It all starts with respect.
Our commitment to sustainability
We’re proud to be a B-Corp which means we have been independently assessed as a business force for good. It is a simple illustration of our values in action.
To achieve this we are required to prove and maintain policies and practises that take care of our team and commit to fair and environmentally-friendly decision making.
We’re also 100% certified carbon neutral reflecting our deep wish to think and plan for the very long term.
Benefits…apart from changing the world of course!
- Additional annual leave day to celebrate your birthday
- Social events scheduled throughout the year
- Annual team development day
- Access to internal and external Learning and Development opportunities
- Free counselling assistance through EAP
- Flexible working arrangements
- Creative office space in the heart of Redfern
How to apply:
To apply you must have permission to reside and work in Australia:
- Please send through your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
- In your cover letter please include:
- How your skills and experience best align with the job
- Why you want to help change the world
- Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any questions can be directed to the email address above.
No agency interest please.