|Job Type||Full-time, 5 day week role|
|Location||Sydney / remote + WFH|
|Salary range||Circa $90,000 + Super|
Start designing a better world.
The branches of our agency are all rooted in the same purpose: to do work that changes the world for the better. We’re at a moment in time where bold solutions and big ideas are needed. At Marlin, we use our talents every day to provide them.
If you’ve gotten to the stage where you now seek more meaning and purpose, come and join our purpose-driven, award-winning agency!
- Spend your working days using your skills for good;
- Be part of a fun, compassionate and high-performing team;
- Work with charities that are changing the world through groundbreaking medical research, mental health initiatives, animal welfare, overseas development and more;
- Conceptualise and create beautiful, effective communications for a breadth of projects from campaigns and appeals to fundraising product development;
- Feel proud to work for a B-Corp, committed to making the world a better place.
Our clients include some of Australia and New Zealand’s leading charities including The Wilderness Society, RSPCA, Fred Hollows, Amnesty International and Bush Heritage Australia.
Organisational context for the position:
Charities are a wonderful vehicle for creating change because they empower ordinary people to become advocates and supporters of causes. We created Marlin to help charities get people to join them, and create movements to effect the change we want to see in the world.
As a group of committed people with shared values, Marlin works on these two knotty problems, all day and every day: How do we get people to join charities as advocates and supporters? And how do we keep them?
Design has the power to help important messages be seen, and to win hearts and minds.
Marlin is looking for a talented Senior Designer who can develop ideas, work to a creative brief, take a project from start to finish, and who can produce attractive, persuasive visual communications within tight deadlines.
The role covers 3 key areas, including conceptual and creative development, drafting and design, and contributing to agency productivity and profitability.
The successful candidate will be someone capable of creating across print and digital outputs. As an agency that continues to create detailed Direct Mail communications for charities, understanding how to design for print is essential.
This position comes with plenty of future opportunities driven by your strong desire to learn and develop your skills.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing engaging visual communications across print and some digital applications (including campaign development, direct mail, posters, reports, newsletters, advertising, websites, social media and more);
- Contributing to the creative development of how design and conceptual ideas can be used to tell a story on behalf of a brand;
- Creating attractive, persuasive and impactful layouts and designs;
- Creating effective, beautiful typography, in well set-up documents;
- Creating show-stopping drafts with a strong attention to detail;
- Using Figma to create social and digital media campaigns
- Working collaboratively in a team environment of Art Directors, Writers, Account Service and
- Digital Marketing specialists;
- Working independently, and with an Art Director.
- Creating Finished Artwork
- Be passionate about social change and you want to use your skills to create a better world;
- Be eager to learn and evolve. You are constantly pursuing excellence for yourself and your work and are always striving for your best;
- Think and act as we, not me. You love to collaborate and build trusting relationships where everyone can be their best;
- Be comfortable working independently and getting on with tasks, but able to speak up when things aren’t working or aren’t clear;
- Be a confident communicator, able to take on board constructive feedback and articulate ideas;
- Be capable of taking a project from concept to Finished Art
- Know how to create outstanding design, with strong, balanced layouts, clear hierarchies, and refined, well crafted typographic detail;
- Have excellent attention to detail, ensuring nothing is missed and work is output to the highest standards;
- Have strong time management skills, experience working on multiple projects with competing priorities, and are able to manage your time effectively to meet deadlines.
Your work experience and skills:
- 6+ years professional design/agency experience;
- Experience in print is essential
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite on a Mac platform (Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator);
- Bachelor’s degree or formal qualifications in design desirable.
Marlin is constantly working towards making our agency the best place to work, for everyone. We believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to creating real and impactful change for social good that the world desperately needs. We encourage everyone who wants to make a difference, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences.
Marlin is a team of over 25 people brought together by a common set of beliefs and values. Our team of strategists, creatives, project managers, developers and digital experts have all made a conscious decision to specialise in the not-for-profit space.
Our combined experience spans mainstream agencies and in-house at charities. This means we know what it takes to create a global brand, build a high performing website and manage a fundraising campaign from the inside.
We create brand identities, multi-channel marketing campaigns, direct marketing-based appeals, social media campaigns, peer-to-peer fundraising events, donor care newsletters, and digital communications platforms for the for-purpose sector.
Our commitment to sustainability
We’re proud to be a B-Corp which means we have been independently assessed as a business force for good.
To achieve this we are required to prove and maintain policies and procedures which ensure we take care of our team and consider our environmental footprint.. We’re also 100% certified carbon neutral reflecting our deep wish to think and plan for the very long term.
Benefits… apart from changing the world of course!
- Additional annual leave day to celebrate your birthday;
- Social events scheduled throughout the year;
- Annual team development days;
- Access to internal and external Learning and Development opportunities;
- Free counselling assistance through EAP;
- Flexible working arrangements.
How to apply
We would love to receive your application.
- Applicants who have not submitted their portfolio, a covering letter and CV will not be considered
- Applicants MUST submit a PDF portfolio showcasing relevant projects to be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Applications close Monday 31 July
To apply please email [email protected], using the subject line: Senior Designer