|Job title||Marketing Specialist|
|Job Type||Full-time, 5-day week role|
|Location||Redfern / remote + WFH|
|Salary range||$70,000-$75,000 + super (subject to experience)|
Join us and use your skills for good!
The branches of our agency are all rooted in the same purpose: to do work that changes the world for the better. We’re at a moment in time where bold solutions and big ideas are needed. At Marlin, we use our talents every day to provide them.
Come and join our purpose-driven, award-winning agency!
- Spend your working days using your skills for good;
- Be part of a fun, compassionate and high-performing team;
- Raise Marlin’s profile with charities that are changing the world through groundbreaking medical research, mental health initiatives, animal welfare, overseas development and more;
- Contribute to the growth and success of Marlin and enable us to help even more charities create change;
- Feel proud to work for a B-Corp, committed to making the world a better place.
Our clients include some of Australia and New Zealand’s leading charities including Médecins Sans Frontières, RSPCA, Fred Hollows, Amnesty International and Bush Heritage Australia.
Organisational context for the position:
Charities are a wonderful vehicle for creating change because they empower ordinary people to become advocates and supporters of causes. Marlin was created to help charities get people to join them, and then hold on to those people.
Much of Marlin’s success has arisen from our ability to navigate the uncertain space between strategic intentions and creative and digital execution. Our clients trust us because of our experience, and their loyalty and endorsement has helped create a sustainable level of new business through word-of-mouth.
To achieve scale and help more organisations grow and strengthen their fundraising and marketing, we need to increase our visibility in the sector.
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Specialist to manage ongoing marketing activities.
This full-time role will support the organisation in achieving its financial goals, raising Marlin’s profile in the market and maintaining our reputation as leaders and specialists in the NFP sector.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implementing Marlin’s marketing strategy;
- Providing proactive insight into the market and our audience and where and how we can reach them;
- Implementing sales promotions to promote Marlin products and services on LinkedIn and other paid platforms;
- Seeking out opportunities to raise the profile of key team members;
- Managing the calendar of sector events and conferences;
- Leveraging Directors’ speaking engagements at events and conferences;
- Running weekly marketing meetings;
- Leading and managing the content and deployment of eDMs and newsletters;
- Assisting with the management of Marlin’s SEO and PPC;
- Ensuring the Marlin website is up to date with Marlin products and services, blog articles and case studies;
- Growing our blog and web traffic;
- Running Marlin’s social media and creating content for posts;
- Ensuring all Marlin materials follow brand guidelines.
- Be energetic and passionate about social change and want to use your skills to create the world you want to live in;
- Have experience in B2B marketing, confident in implementing strategies and tactics to generate leads;
- Be curious about the for-purpose sector and our services, able to identify and share audience insights with the wider team;
- Be enthusiastic about marketing, able to identify and create effective communications for multiple channels – from email to social media;
- Have strong digital marketing experience, highly proficient in using marketing tools and social platforms to generate marketing leads;
- Be an excellent and organised multi-tasker, able to run multiple projects and manage your time effectively;
- Enjoy a mix of autonomy and collaboration – comfortable working by yourself and as part of the team;
- Be articulate and a confident communicator.
Academic or trade qualifications:
- Understanding of marketing and communication principles, gained from a relevant degree or postgraduate studies.
Work experience and skills:
- 5+ years experience in communications role/s;
- Solid understanding of B2B marketing and the channels used to help generate quality leads;
- Experience using website platforms such as WordPress and marketing automation tools like Autopilot;
- Experience working in the NFP sector with a good understanding of charities and fundraising is preferred;
- Strong understanding of Marlin’s service offering (across Strategy, Creative and Digital) in relation to competitors, and client needs;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Have strong internal stakeholder management skills;
- Ability to work in a clean and consistent manner with proper record keeping and documentation;
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight time constraints;
- Ability to engage empathetically with colleagues.
Marlin is constantly working towards making our agency the best place to work, for everyone. We believe that bringing together a diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to creating real and impactful change for the social good that the world desperately needs. We encourage everyone who wants to make a difference, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences.
Find out more about our team, our culture, our values and our commitment to sustainability here.
Benefits (apart from changing the world of course!)
- Additional annual leave day to celebrate your birthday
- Social events scheduled throughout the year
- Annual team development day
- Access to internal and external Learning and Development opportunities
- Free counselling assistance through EAP
- Flexible working arrangements
- Creative office space in the heart of Redfern
- Working for a B-Corp
How to apply:
To apply you must have permission to reside and work in Australia:
- Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
- In your cover letter please include:
- How your skills and experience best align with the job
- Why do you want to help change the world
- Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any questions can be directed to the email address above.
No agency interest please.