Tax Appeal 2020
Upon making the decision that their digital team didn’t have the capacity to deliver their 2020 Tax Appeal, RSPCA NSW turned to us.
Marlin provided the digital support needed to launch the appeal on time. A response that contributed to a 24% increase in campaign revenue when compared to the prior year. The insights gained were invaluable and will continue to inform future digital campaigns for RSPCA NSW.
Their digital team didn’t have the capacity to deliver their 2020 Tax Appeal.
We set up RSPCA NSW’s social and paid campaigns as well as built and optimized their donation landing pages.
Year-on-year revenue for paid search increased by up-to 5 times and social media revenue increased by up-to 2.5 times. We identified a new audience group and determined simple creative changes to the RSPCA NSW landing pages.
It’s no surprise that Tax Appeals in the time of a pandemic were a new version of challenging. Marlin, along with the sector, was watching in trepidation to see how COVID-19 would impact the Australian public’s willingness to give.
We set up RSPCA NSW’s social and paid campaigns as well as built and optimized their donation landing pages. We then rolled out the campaign in three stages which consisted of:
- Engagement and awareness
- A test and learn conversion campaign
- An urgent appeal
During the engagement phase, we immersed ourselves in RSPCA NSW’s social campaign results and web analytics. The insights gained were used to develop hypotheses and tests to determine:
- Which audiences RSPCA NSW should target
- The most effective times to engage with these audiences
- The creative executions and messaging that appealed to them
- Which paid and social channels had the highest ROAS
- Which types of landing pages had the highest conversions based on a channel analysis
The results were then used to inform and optimise the remaining stages of the campaign, maximising RSPCA NSW’s appeal revenue.
Despite initial reservations around the performance of this appeal the results were positive. Year-on-year revenue for paid search increased by up-to 5 times and social media revenue increased by up-to 2.5 times.
To top this off we identified a new audience group and determined simple creative changes to the RSPCA NSW landing pages that increased conversions.
Digital campaigns continue to be successful, even in extremely turbulent times. However, to achieve the best results it is important to:
- Create a strategy that is based on insights from your own organisation’s past campaigns as well as those in the industry
- Identify areas which have unknown results and implement test and learn strategies for these
- Have your tracking setup correctly and complete a post campaign analysis
If you would like to know more about how to run an effective digital campaign, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Marlin can offer this external support as well as digital workshops to help build your internal capacity.